One of the largest providers of integrated solid waste services in the U.S., CB&I has a national network of offices and experience at hundreds of landfills and transfer stations. We provide a single point of responsibility for engineering, design-build construction, equipment fabrication, landfill products, and operations and maintenance of a variety of environmental control and energy recovery systems, solid waste facilities design, and landfill gas and leachate system design and installation.
CB&I’s solid waste services include:
- Planning, Siting and Permitting - We work to ensure that business decisions are kept in the forefront during facility planning and siting programs. Permitting services focus on maintaining operational flexibility.
- Environmental Compliance - By integrating environmental compliance issues with operations, CB&I’s compliance solutions serve our customers' bottom lines. Our services also include support for greenhouse gas initiatives at landfills.
- Engineering/Design and Construction - Our experience includes municipal solid waste landfills, waste transfer and material recovery facilities, landfill gas and leachate management projects. We also offer in-house geotechnical/geosynthetics laboratory services at our east- and west-coast laboratories.
- Operations and Maintenance - Our experts provide a wide range of operations and maintenance services for environmental control and energy recovery systems associated with landfills and landfill gas-to-energy plants.
- Closure and Post-Closure - CB&I prepares post-closure plans and develops, implements and maintains long-term monitoring systems for sampling and data interpretation programs. We also assist customers with beneficial reuse projects at their closed landfills.
- Products and Equipment - CB&I offers product and equipment services through LFG Specialties L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary. LFG Specialties designs and manufactures enclosed and utility flares and other biogas extraction, control, and recovery equipment along with leachate evaporation systems.